You can now get hitched so long they meet the requirements based on the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
You must fill in and have an application approved whether you are getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad.
The first it is possible to use is four months prior to the date you want to get hitched.
If you should be to have hitched in another type of town than your town of residence, or perhaps in a church or any other spiritual community, you have to submit an application for a so-called „prшvelsesattest“. You must apply for an „жgteskabsattest“ if you are to get married abroad.
The program form could be the exact same whatever the document you submit an application for, or you are becoming hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law therefore the Aliens Act has brought influence on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can easily find out more relating to this while the application procedure under „Application details“ below.
Right right Here you’ll find out about the chance of a air that is open within the City of Copenhagen.
Right right right Here it is possible to learn about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put which you decide.
Read more concerning the needs
A modification of the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had impact on the very first of January 2019.
The alteration ensures that some applications for marriage will likely to be prepared by way of a main nationwide product run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main nationwide product are couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or Nordic citizens
- would not have unlimited residence permit in Denmark
- have never acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still doing marriages.
You have to deliver the job to your municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bopжlskommune) if the two of you meet the criteria that are following
- You’re Danish or Nordic residents
- You have a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You have got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark based on EU-Law.
You can easily find out more concerning this on the internet site associated with State management by simply clicking this link.
You are able to find out more under „Documentation Requirements“ below.
If you’re both authorized as residents in Denmark, and also NemID, you need to fill out and deliver the notice of wedding type digitally.
Significant: Read “ Where to Apply“ above, before giving the application.
Because of the application you need to deliver the documentation that is following
- Scan of the passport or national ID card if you should be not a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark based on the EU-rules, if you should be maybe not a Danish or Nordic resident
- For those who have resided an additional nation than Denmark within modern times, we possibly may request a certification of marital status from your own past nations of residence
If your document is given an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is perhaps not given by A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 variations: the initial, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done with a translator that is certified.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are released by Skatteverket, and needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever they are sent by you to us.
- Scan associated with image web web page of the legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is given by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no over the age of four months whenever you deliver it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with photo web web web page of one’s valid passport
The prшvelsesattest needs to be no more than four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Scan associated with photo page of the valid passport
- Marriages can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can’t guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall provides two witnesses you are welcome to create your very own. You don’t have to tell us about it until straight away before the marriage ceremony
- Exact exact Same intercourse marriages may not be recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- It is possible to just improve your title if you’re registered being a resident in Denmark
- For those who have been hitched abroad you are able to register your wedding in Denmark. You have to contact Folkeregisteret (people registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certificate. You are able to find out more and locate contact information for Folkeregisteret right here (in Danish).
E mail us
The Wedding Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for personal attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex questions, including obtaining a right time for your wedding service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon